One of my personal favorite desserts from when I met my wife fifteen years ago. Makes a pretty big bowl (enough to feed a family of six). Preparation time is about 20 minutes or so.
- Box of cream cheese (softened)
- Two bottles of Maraschino cherries (20 oz total)
- Two cans of fruit cocktail (drained) (total 45 oz)
- Two to three tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dream whip
- One-half teaspoon vanilla extract
- Half cup milk
- One can mini mandarin oranges (11 oz)
- Half a bag of mini marshmallows
- Drain all fruit into strainer
- In a large bowl, put in softened cream cheese (let rest @ room temperature for about 30 minutes)
- In small bowl, mix together contents for Dream Whip (Dream Whip mix, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, half cup milk)
- Mix 3 heaping tablespoons mayo with cream cheese, and use lowest setting on mixer (for about 60 seconds)
- Mix together the Dream Whip mix into the large bowl
- Mix together using lowest setting of mixer for about a minute or so until fully blended
- Empty fruit strainer into the large bowl, add marshmallows, and mix together using a large spoon
- Add plastic wrap to large bowl, and refrigerate about 1 hour.
Special thanks for my wife’s mom (Linda) for the recipe!